Reviewed and accepted full papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, provided the final papers are received by the appropriate deadline and conform to the layout guidelines. We will distribute the proceedings to the participants in electronic format which we intend to make available after the conference as ISI and Scopus indexed ISSN-registered hardcopies. Hardcopies of the proceedings will be available for order via the Design Society and various online bookstores.
The conference is attended by a number of editors from key high quality journals within the field of design research. We intend to put forward proposals for a number of journal special issues based on the themes of the conference, which we hope to recommend ICED11 papers for submission.
Papers submitted to ICED11 are currently undergoing a double blind review process, carried out by the members of the Scientific Advisory Board. The review process is based on the reviewers’ qualitative assessment of each paper, along with scores for the following criteria:
- RELEVANCE - Is the subject of the paper relevant to the theme of the call for papers? If a paper is not relevant, no review is necessary.
- ORIGINALITY - Is the paper original presenting new ideas, approaches, results or insights? Does the literature review provide a clear baseline so that the reader can clearly understand the originality of the paper? Does it challenge existing assumptions? Is the work or a significant part of it as yet unpublished?
- QUALITY - Are the aims and objectives clearly stated? Are research questions and/or hypotheses presented? Are the research approach, results, applications and/or case studies sound and carefully described? Are the arguments valid and consistent, and are reasonable assumptions and limitations stated? Are justified conclusions drawn? Are appropriate references quoted?
- VALUE - What is its contribution to research, to industry, to practice, to education? Is it significant, useful and interesting?
- PRESENTATION - Is the content clearly presented, structured and written? Is it easy and straightforward to read? Are figures, tables and equations clear? Is the paper an even number of pages and of appropriate length? Is the English clear and of a good standard?